October 5-6, 2019
Our quilt show was a resounding success with many special moments. There weren't nearly enough awards to celebrate all the amazing quilts, but here is a list of the items that were singled out for awards.
Viewers' Choice Awards
1. Donna Faivre-Roberts, Edith of Course!
2. Amy Trueman, Amy's Tuffet
3. Cheryl Moore, Bow Tie Charlie
1. June Silberman, What To Wear To The Castle
2. Tracy McLellan, Handwoven Jacket
3. Karen Morgan, Jacket
1. Denise Kooperman, Deconstruction Zone
2. Barbara Jastran, Happy
3. Sue Romanczuk, Little Village
1. Sandy Rouleau, A Little Bit Of Everything
2. Sharon Tier, Sunny Day Evolution
3. Karen Kindle, Who-ville
1. Enid Zollweg, A Prayer for Peace
2. Nancy Ostman, Soweto Night
3. Aafke Swart Steenhuis, Ruth's Zesty Pickles
1. Lynn Ink, Peaches and Cream
2. Casey Carr, Magical Miniature
3. June Silberman, Waiting to Bloom
1. Kristin Thompson, Tuxedo's Tales
2. Joanne Hindman, A Brimfield Sampler
3. Mary Anne Treble, Australian Aboriginal
1. Marion Tobey, Starry Medallion
1. Ellen Burlew, Moon Glow
2. Abby Hatfield, Halo Medallion
3. Jennifer Kidder, Grammy's Yo-Yo's
1. Ellen Burlew, Shooting Star
2. Kristin Thompson, Getting to Know Hue
3. Andrea C. Gibbs, Homespun Complexity
Awards of Excellence
Machine Appliqué: Alice Gant, What Happen's Next?, judged by Kristin Thompson
Best Use of Color: Nancy Ostman, Awakening, judged by Peggy Hill
Surface Design: Melissa Craven Fowler, Opus 265+, judged by Sharon Bottle Souva
Hand Quilting: Lynn Ink, Peaches and Cream, judged by Linda VanNederynen
Hand Appliqué: Kristin Thompson, Tuxedo's Tales, judged by Sharon Stroud
Original Design: Ruth White's design made by Aafke Steenhuis, Ruth's Zesty Pickles, judged by Cyndi Slothower
Adaptation of a Traditional Design: Marion Tobey, Tesselating Clamshells, judged by Nancy Ostman
Machine Quilting Domestic Machine: Enid Zollweg, A Prayer for Peace, judged by Pat Merkle
Machine Quilting Long Arm: Angie Roux for Kristin Thompson's Getting to Know Hue, judged by Marion Lutz
Jeannie Pluck Miniature Award: Kathy Carmen, Churn Dash, judged by Barbara Dimock
Raffle Quilt - Blue Mountain Laurel
The raffle winner was Mary Beth McDaniel.
In 2017, the Tompkins County Quilters Guild created a PDF book that includes images and descriptions of the quilts and other displays.
Please bear in mind that this document belongs to the Tompkins County Quilters Guild. Permission is given to share it in its entirety, but please do not share individual images or content separated from the entire document.
Click on the green 2017 Quilt Show Book button to see the book.
Or click HERE for the higher resolution version.
We appreciate the support of our 2019 Vendors. We've left their information available for people who may want to follow up with them.
Photos of selected works from the 2017 Silent Auction.